Sunday, March 8, 2009

6 Pack in 28 Days

I really don't know where to start with this so I'll repost my original email that lead to all this craziness....

"Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide." - Marva Collins

"My body is my laboratory." -Chris Shugart

This is first article I have written where I have absolutely no idea where to start. So I thought I would start from the beginning...

In elementary school, I was a jock. I was co-captain of the volleyball team and playing beach volleyball in the summer. I was active just like most kids at my age.

In high school I was more of the same. I played basketball regularly, beach volleyball in the summer and, embarrassingly, I was on the table tennis and badminton team. I was - and still am - a big time geek, but I was still physically active.

Then I took a year off after high school and my body started falling apart. I hung around the wrong crowd and my physical activities took a back seat.

Before I started working out, I was what you would call A FAT SLOB: I was smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol frequently, eating crazy amounts of junk food (a bag of chips in one sitting was my favourite snack), and just generally inactive. My form of exercise was sweating in a pool hall playing Foos Ball and really intense games of Super Mario Brothers.

Even my friends would make fun of me and call me fat <*tear*!>. Cry me a river!

I won't get into the specifics of it, but at some point I got really pissed at myself and decided to do something about it. Thanks to my big brother and my dad I started to work out... AND I LOVED IT. I could go on but as they say, "The rest is history."

Fast forward to today.

I am doing a job that I LOVE. I am in the best shape I have ever been in my life. I am 29 years old, I work out 3-5 times a week, play basketball twice a week, and in the summers I spend my days at the beach playing volleyball. The only thing is... I still don't have that well-defined stomach that everyone is searching for.

This has been the elusive holy grail I have been chasing for the past 8 years. I have a good shape and shades of ab muscles, but not a ripped, defined, "Let me wash your shirt on my stomach" type of abdominals. My muscle tone is good but not where I want it to be. Never being satisfied is my gift and my curse.

The Holy Grail of Fitness

Enter the V-Diet. I have been researching this diet for the past 4 months and it is the craziest thing I have ever come across in my life. It is essentially what the headline to this email says: Reduce fat at a rapid rate while keeping/increasing your muscle and achieving a crazy defined six pack.

Instead of going through the logistics of the diet I'm going to ask you to read this site: www.velocitydiary.blogspot.com

This is my journey and I want to include you all into it. So instead of having 30 friends keeping me accountable I have the 1600 people who read this to be accountable to. I know most of you will think I'm crazy. I'll let you know what: I am crazy! Crazy enough to experiment on myself and see exactly what I am made of and how effective this can be.

Have a GREAT week everybody and stay tuned in to my journey!

DG

No comments: